A new publication from the National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service details how landowners can finance their plan for succession and keep the land in agriculture.
The report can be downloaded free or purchased.
Included in Conservation Financing for Farm Transfer:
- Selling Land Selling a Portion of Land to a Sustainable Farmer
- Contract for Deed Agricultural Conservation Easement
- Deed Restrictions and Covenants
- Long-Term Leases
- Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts
- Forming a Business Entity to Facilitate Farm Transfer
- A Bequest: Frantzen Farm Example
- Creating an Educational Farm
- USDA Conservation Programs
- Further Resources