We are looking for someone with strong team-building skills and a sharp focus on organizational capacity building and money management; the Financial Director will be building the farmland investment fund, managing finances, and supporting the Organizational Director. The Agrarian Trust board is committed to a brisk and assertive startup and early growth stage for the organization, so we are looking for someone with experience managing grants, supporting funders, keeping clean and organized books and budgets, and a team player who is self motivated and willing to handle the unexpected tasks that tend to arise in this work.
Finance Director Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 Years in nonprofit management
- Minimum 3 Years in marketing, development, and outreach.
- Minimum 5 years in financial management, accounting, and investment management
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated experience in land conservation and acquisition
- Demonstrated experience in organizational startup
- Demonstrated experience working with stakeholder board members, funders, and colleagues.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, two writing samples (article/presentation/press piece/links to video presentations) and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should not exceed one page, and it should include an introduction of the candidate, a brief description of the candidate’s background in the field, topical literacy, qualifications, aptitudes and personal motivations, and a list of three professional references. We recommend that candidates who come from outside the fields of land conservation and farm service provision demonstrate their rationale and qualifications for entering this new field of work.