The USDA funds agricultural mediators in many states whose job is to help resolved disputes and mediate disagreements in agricultural deals
- Maine Agricultural Mediation Program
- Maryland Agricultural Conflict Resolution Service
- New York Agricultural Mediation Program
- Vermont Agricultural Mediation Program
Farm Advocates and Legal Aid
- Fare Grange Law delivers legal services tailored to small and medium-sized farm and food operations, and the advocacy groups supporting those operations.
- Farm Advocate Link is a new national network of farm advocates whose mission is to train and support a new generation of farm advocates
- Farmer Resource Network Farm Aid
- The Farmers Legal Action Group (FLAG) provides free legal advice to farmers
- Farm Commons provides legal aid and resources to farm businesses like helping farmers draft sales agreements, leases, food safety plans,employee hiring, and succession plans
- Model CSA Member Agreeement
- Model Worker Share Agreement
- Farm Interns, Employees and Volunteers Agreement Documents.
- The Food Law Firm
- The Sustainable Economies Law Center
- Offers assistance and resources for navigating the economic and legal arrangements of the “new economy” – i.e., they could help you with community-based investing, cooperative structure, bartering, etc.
- Legal Aspects of Rural Living NE Beginning Farmers Guide to Farming in NY
- Resilient Communities Legal Cafe Sustainable Economies Law Center
- Legal Services Food Hub Conservation Law Foundation
- California Rural Legal Assistance
- National Agricultural Law Center
- Overview of Farm and Ranch Leases National Agricultural Law Center
- Farm and Food Legal Resources Vermont Law School