Partner with the West Virginia Agrarian Commons
Hello and thank you to those who would like to leverage your business, products, skills, and networks to raise funds for the West Virginia Agrarian Commons! We could not be more grateful or thrilled.
Consider using your business or other platform to support this project by making a donation (e.g. $500+) and engage your community through social media or other sharing. Your business logo and name will be featured on the main page as a recent partner and in a running list on this page. As a partner, you are making a tremendous contribution by showing solidarity for equitable land access and encouraging other farms and food businesses, consumers, and all who have a stake in the future of land and food production in West Virginia to do the same.
Thank you to our partners and community supporters
- Generation West Virginia donated $503
- Truist Foundation granted $10,000
Patagonia made a $15,000 donation
FIRSTHAND Cooperative sold 309 pounds of Commons Blossom coffee generating $3,430.18
Actor Jason Marsden donated $250 to the West Virginia Agrarian Commons (Watch on Instagram)
The West Virginia University Horticulture Club donated $250
Little Paper Crane Shop is donating 10% of the sales of floral etched necklaces
- Wood Iron Eatery in Fayetteville, WV raised awareness and made a $1,000 donation
- Sprouting Farms has committed to supporting this fundraiser and raising awareness among their community
- $500 funded by The Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut
- Turnrow Appalachian Farm Collective has raised awareness through their social media and newsletter followers
- Beauty Mountain Farm in New River Gorge, WV contributed and raised awareness on social media
Process for Partnership
Please submit to us (westvirginiaAC [AT] agrariantrust.org) a brief proposal, idea or even just your interest in promoting this project (see examples below). We would like to approve collaborative fundraisers, and our process is as follows:
- Contact us with an idea or willingness to fundraise so we can discuss.
- We will review your offer and approve, generally within 48 hours.
- Upon approval, we will agree on an end date at which point funds will be donated and Agrarian Trust can publicly thank you and list you as a partner.
Examples of Partnership
Aligned individuals, farms, organizations, restaurants, food system entities, and other aligned stakeholders that would like to support this project can do so by:
- Donating directly online - individually, as an organization, or anonymously.
- Sharing and promoting the project widely through your networks (social media, email, blogs, newsletters, publications, etc.)
- Creating a fundraising circle within your organization and community. A Facebook fundraiser is an easy way to do this.
- Creating a fundraising matching program where your organization matches any donations you raise for us within a specific period of time.
- Contributing a percent or amount of sales from a night, weekend, week, etc. of business.
- Hosting a fundraising event or activity and donating all proceeds, such as a community dinner for chefs or concerts for musical artists.
- Creating a product in our name and donate a portion of sales from that product.
All these ideas and more can be tailored to your type of business or organization:
- Farms and Producers: donate proceeds from a market, farm store, or specific project; host an event to raise money
- Restaurants: donate proceeds from sales; host an event; partner with a local farm and cater for an on-farm fundraiser event
- Institutions: conduct a fundraising matching program among client network and staff
Contact us and we can help you brainstorm an appropriate way to support us that makes sense for you!